Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An open letter to the Red Sox bullpen

Dear David Aardsma,

I'll admit, I haven't thought very much of you as a pitcher so far this season. I think at one point I saw Tito put you in and went "Oh, we're fucked now." And really, you walk a lot of batters. But you're improving, I'll give you that.

Tonight, I just want to say thank you.

Generally, I'm not a fan of my pitchers plunking guys, not unless the other guys started it. However, I do understand that sometimes, those balls get away from you. And whether you meant it or not, that 95 mph heater you hit A-Rod with? Beautiful. I mean, I'm not happy that A-Rod got first, don't get me wrong. But if there's anyone on that team that I want to see hit with something traveling faster than my car will go, it's him.

So thank you, David Aardsma. You made my night.

Go Sox!

--Trin

No comments: