Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Time

From Trinity, last night:

I just took a good look at the Sox game play by play...I don't know what the hell's going on at Fenway but it's bad. Lester didn't get a single K in his 5 innings. And he got charged with a wild pitch. Youk was moved to third and Casey put at first when Lowell got pulled for reasons unknown. Aardsma actually managed to strike a guy out. He went for 1.2 innings before Tito brought Bryan Corey in, which means we're going to be blowing through our joke of a bullpen tonight and we'll probably lose, unless he's smart and brings in Paps. But not even Papelbon can save this one; now we're down by four at the top of the 8th and how the hell are we losing to a team who's current record is something like 0-6? I mean, my god. I'm beginning to wonder if the World Series win was something I dreamed, because we sure as hell aren't playing like champions. What the fuck, Red Sox? What. The. Fuck. At least the Yankees are losing.

And from Char, this morning:

Detroit did get their first win, beating the Red Sox, 7-2. And while performance from players not named Daisuke (how much does Dice-K sound like an energy drink?) hasn't been extraordinary, the truth is that the Tigers weren't going to go 0-162. They had to get the W at some point, I just wish it had been against a different team. After the sweep in Toronto, the Sox have been a little slow out of the gate. I vote Ellsbury works his magic, buys everybody an ice cream and talks them into going out there and playing hard, because gee, they can do it.

No comments: