Monday, September 8, 2008

Raise your hand if you need a drink


It's been a little quiet in these parts recently. I don't think Trinity has been able to get as many Red Sox games and as for me, I got so caught up in that whole Olympics thing, I haven't seen as much baseball.

But as for the games I have seen, well....

Let's just say that I want to throw myself on my sword to make the pain stop. You know, if I had a sword.

I expect the Diamondbacks feel the same way. They've been very messily swept by the Dodgers and are now a game and half back from first. Nothing has gone well for the Dbacks. It's been the usual suspects: fielding, hitting, relief pitching but where before starting pitching could be relied on to keep the team in it, that too has slowly collapsed (like a flan in a cupboard). Webb's had three awful starts in a row and I don't even know what's up with Haren. He's not happy though, you can tell. Watching him in the dugout the other night during his start against the Dodgers, I kept expecting smoke to come out of his ears.

The whole team's that way, playing frustrated and upset. Maybe this is a complete mental breakdown for the team. Wouldn't surprise me - the air has clearly gone out of the team. Tonight they face the Giants and Lincecum, the most emo boy to ever pitch in the majors. In a way, it's appropriate. Time to send someone else crying to the corner.

No comments: