Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Miscellany

It's my favorite time of the year, y'all. That magic moment where baseball season and football season collide. Sundays are the best; I get baseball in the early afternoon and then football all night long! I've been watching the Sox push for the wild card spot and the Pats recreate "Friday Night Lights" for the second time this decade. Little Matt Saracen Cassel isn't too shabby so far. I have my doubts about my boys giving us another (almost) perfect season, but they're not suddenly going to be the 2007 Miami Dolphins, either. Go Pats! Whoo!

Things that have caught my attention lately...

--"Baseball Tonight" last night showing Josh Beckett at his ass-kicking best. Following a pretty spectacular DP, the camera zooms in on Boyfriend just in time to catch him screaming "Yeah, motherfucker!" at the top of his lungs (accompanied, of course, by the requisite fistpump). No sound, but there was no mistaking what was coming out of his mouth. And it's Josh Beckett, so would you really expect anything less?

--"Baseball Tonight" again, this time touting wee Dustin Pedroia as the frontrunner for both the AL MVP and a Gold Glove. Quite honestly, if he doesn't get at least one of those, I'll eat my computer. I mean, have you seen him lately? He's leading the league in batting average, among other things. He might be tiny, but he packs a fucking punch.

--Matt Cassel's start on Sunday against the Jets was his first start since high school. High school! Plus, the Boston Globe keeps using the word "quarterbacked," which is really annoying.

--Gratuitous Conor Jackson picture!

Did you know the team calls him 'Thunderbrows?" I'd believe it.

No comments: