Friday, May 2, 2008

Round up

Time for a new post because everytime I see the tongue lashing (keyboard lashing?) I laid on the Dbacks, my heart hurts.

No one likes to see their team lose. And the Diamondbacks can lose games and will lose games, probably lots of them. But when it comes down to it, I'd almost rather lose in a one-run heartbreaker than to watch my boys suffer a total meltdown either on pitching or defense. I just want them to compete and compete well.

And they have. The Dbacks are sitting on the best record in MLB right now. In Arizona, this is shocking. With the exception of the Phoenix Suns who have reemerged in recent years from their pit of mediocrity, nobody really expects our sports teams to succeed. In Arizona, we don't believe in waiting for next year because that implies that we believe next year will be better than this one. We simply grumble and move on. The Diamondbacks, with their World Series victory over the Yankees in 2001 (insert customary Yankees suck comment here) became the first Arizona team to ever win a championship. Only the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA have joined the Dbacks as champions.

I just want to see the Dbacks win.

Time for shout outs! Big well done to Micah Owings who came into the game to pinch hit and knocked out a two-run homer on Weds. to tie the game with Astros. The Dbacks would rally from four runs down to win the game 8-7. Pwnings is a starting pitcher. My team's pitcher is better than your team's DH! Personally, I vote that on inter-league games, Pwnings plays as designated hitter, shaming and embarrassing spoiled American League pitchers and sending them back into the dugouts crying for their mommies.

Also, the Dbacks were in the New York Times today. I feel like a proud parent. My baby's in the New York Times.

Oh, and Yankees suck.

No comments: